Saturday, June 13, 2009

Whirlwind

One week back in New Jersey, and it has been absolutely phenomenal. Update? You got it.

1. Dave Matthews Band on the Today Show - My friend's dad is one of the producers for the Today Show, so we had the hook up for seeing him play last friday! WOOHOO! Aside from the fact that the entire time I was home it didn't rain once and I returned to Jersey for rain, and the fact that I was rather stuck behind a bunch of guys well over 6' tall, it was an awesome experience. I even saw the inside of the studio for the show! And Matt Lauer was there!!

DMB!!!
MATT LAUER!!

2. Puppy sat Bristol. Didn't take any pictures because my time was spent catering to Bristol - Puppies take a lot of attention! It was enjoyable, although I am very releived that it is over. I spent a good amount of time watching movies and 1.5 seasons of How I Met Your Mother. OH, and seeing UP! SO GOOD!
Good friends and 3-D glasses.

3. I moved to Westfield, NJ. It is awesome. My job is awesome (Youth Min. position for a multitude of trips we will take over the summer - awesome). I think all in all, at the moment, my life is awesome. I have an incredible host family, that cooks incredible food, and we have incredible conversation. Incredible, are you getting the picture? I hope so because I haven't taken many pictures here yet so you're going to have to use your imagination.

4. I had to pee into a cup for a drug test in order to work at the church. There is a first time for everything.

5. BEST CONCERT EVER - The factors:
---a. Josh Ritter
---b. Played with the NY Pops (orchestra) - amazing.
---c. FREE
---d. In Central Park
---e. Glen Hansard accompanied
---f. I got a sweet poster.
---g. Did I mention it was Josh Ritter?!?!?
---h. Oh, and we saw Chet from the Real World: Brooklyn, on the way back to the subway.
Yes, that is Ritter, the band, the orchestra, and Glen is over there on the right. The weather called for thunderstorms, but God knew better. PTL.

1 comment:

Peg said...

Awesome and incredible! glad all is well. I have yet to see "Up" but as soon as we get rain again, I'm there. UW graduation today - in the sunshine so that is great!