Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Life as a Hospital Chaplain.

So far, my job is awesome. Aside from the sleepovers in the hospital where you wake up every hour thinking you're going to get called to be available during a multi-car wreck, it's pretty great. I get to listen to people's stories every day. I get to pray with complete strangers. I get to meet staff and patients and just be present for them. I also get free meals! But most entertainingly, I need to read up about my religious conspiracy theories, and so I have done some googling in order to prepare myself. This site seems to have the answers I need - in the fact that in working with mental health patients I need to know what I might be dealing with. I got the double whammy of Cain being the son of Satan and the UN being the onset of the Anti-Christ in one day ...

No comments: