Friday, March 27, 2009

63 Degrees, I'll Take What I Can Get.

I made this card for my friend Erin, but I thought I'd share my sentiments at the moment. I want Spring. But, I fear this may be an overzealous desire, as I don't know if I want to sign myself up for whatever a 'Jersey Spring' might have to offer. I like my 'predictable' Seattle weather, and in that sense, that I know how to layer appropriately. Are we going to experience the kind of humidity that makes it hard to breath? No thanks. But today it was sunny with a high of 63, so the Seattlite in me threw on a pair of shorts and my Birkenstocks.

In other news, I experienced for the first time the phenomena of 'Bowlioke', which is in fact karaoke at a bowling alley. I have no idea why I haven't seen this before. But let's just mention that I may have sung Britney Spears, as well as High School Musical, and so it was a full evening.

My life has been otherwise occupied with The Tempest. PTS is putting on a production of it which will be performed next week, and most of my evenings in the past month have been overridden with props and pretending to be a sea nymph, whatever that means. All I know is I dance around like waves in the ocean, or bark like a dog ... a graduate student indeed.

No comments: