Friday, September 19, 2008

In The Beginning ...


Who knew seminary was such a party? I can't tell you how many people I've met over the last week and a half. No really, I can't tell you because I don't remember at least half of their names. But I'm getting better! Classes are awesome, and to put to rest all of those who worry about my faith and love for Jesus while I'm here, fear not. In one of our orientation meetings one prof said something along the lines of, "contrary to what your family, friends, and pastors may have told you back home, we are not out to destroy your faith". And its true! The faculty is amazing, the student life is hoppin', and SO friendly - and worldly! Iceland? Malawi? Puerto Rico? We ate lunch today with Hungarian theologians. What?!

So aside from the book store not having a book that we are required to write a paper about due next Friday (Barth - very heady) everything is amazing! ALSO this week the NJ transit offers FREE - I'll repeat that - FREE rides for students! So, of course I went to NYC for the day on Wednesday, when we basically have no class (don't worry, I'll get all my reading done). Pictures? SURE!Taking the 'Dinky'Bead stores galore!

A Glass elevator! at the Mac store. It was awesome.
Get it? Enchanted? In Central Park?!?
I've heard a sermon on this one - couldn't resist.

And so you have it. And today we had a dance party. What a way to start the year. And hey, look we've decided to decorate our suite with paper cranes from the ceiling!

1 comment:

Peg said...

Way cool - enjoy it all. NYC is the best...so fun you can jump on the train and be there.