Sunday, September 28, 2008

"At the blast of your nostrils the water piled up"

I just found my favorite verse from Exodus (so far). It hails from ch. 15 v. 8a in case you'd like to take a look for yourself. Did God sneeze the Red Sea into parting? You tell me.

I don't think I've ever read this much in my life - which is in a way very taxing, but also rewarding not only because I'm learning things but because I can't think of a better sense of accomplishment than finishing a book. That actual cover-to-cover moment of truth. There should be a parade every time that happens. But it almost feels like there IS a parade because it's rewarding in itself!

But with much reading comes its exciting and ever present comrade, procrastination. Therefore I make cards, do art, modge-podge leaves that are beginning to turn so I can put them in my room, and paint those 3-for-$1 IKEA frames that are so easy to decorate. The opportunities really are endless. I'll try and contain myself, but here's documented proof that I was not studying at 11am today, and was in fact creating a tiny photo studio on my desk ...

2 comments:

Peg said...

Ah -- reading...the life of graduate school. AND...procrastination...the evil twin :). Sounds familiar.

I am Kate Maxwell said...

i just read the nelson mandela dream... not a book... one of your dreams on the side... amazing...