Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Uh oh ...

The Word of the Lord:

"Hear, my child, and be wise.
and direct your mind in the way.
Do not be among winebibbers,
or among gluttonous eaters of meat;
for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty,
and drowsiness will clothe them with rags."
-Proverbs 23:19-21

Thanks be to God.

Well, given my last entry - apparently partially about winebibbers - and given my addiction to buffalo wings (and the way I inhaled them last night), the outlook is grim. Yet on the other hand, maybe it all makes sense, because no one goes into ministry for the money ... well, I mean I could probably name a few ...

Pictures for fun:
I forgot to mention a Hodge Hall tradition - we have a painting at the base of the stairs that is re-done each year, themed for the girls from our floor, and painted in community. Hooray for floor art!
Hello fall! Miller Chapel from the inside and out. Apparently it made Martha Stewart's top 10 places to get married ...? I don't think she realizes half the congregation won't be able to see anything ... but it is gorgeous!

No comments: